Saturday, June 28, 2014

621 thai dressing


In this past year, I've developed a taste for Thai food and in my quest for new recipes to try out, I stumbled upon a peanut-based Thai dressing here. Not only did it go well with stir fry, but I discovered it was an excellent dip for spring rolls and a yummy dressing for salads.

Then, earlier this year, I felt led to do a sugar fast to rid my body of what I suspected was a yeast overgrowth. Most candida diets also nix peanuts because of the mold it comes with as well as soy sauce. Challenging as that diet was, God encouraged me in that time to experiment with recipes - things I might not have tried otherwise.



Thankfully, almonds and the red curry paste still made the cut and coconut aminos works well as a soy sauce substitute.

So here's my new favorite dressing which I like even better because it is sugar free and is super simple to make. I call it the "621 Thai salad dressing" because the simple tablespoon and teaspoon measurements.


621 thai dressing (recipe notes follow)
sugar free, peanut free, soy free

1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon powdered ginger
1 teaspoon red curry paste
6 tablespoon coconut aminos
6-8 tablespoon almond milk (or other non-dairy milk)
6 tablespoons almond butter

Add all ingredients to a jar and stir or shake until thoroughly mixed. Add more almond milk if needed or for desired consistency.

recipe notes: I opted to create this recipe using garlic and ginger powered because it's quick and easy. Most days I would not have the patience to mince the garlic or ginger for the dressing. I recommend using organic powdered ginger or a brand that does not add sulfur.

I'm not sure how another type of non-dairy milk will affect the taste or consistency. If you use something else, try the recipe with 6 T first, and work your way up to perfect pourability.

I usually use roasted almond butter, either chunky or smooth. Raw almond butter would work too, but it might affect the taste/consistency.

No comments:

Post a Comment